ASO to fill seats

Due to transfer, ineligibility and a heavy workload, some members have left the Associated Students Organization (ASO), leaving six senate, three executive and two judicial offices vacant.

With so many positions to be filled, ASO adviser Harold Tyler said board members with high GPAs ended up forfeiting their positions or taking lower positions to maintain their goals for transferring.

“I think we are losing a lot of great students, but I think that’s what is going to happen,” Cameron Samimi, ASO president said.

“We will have a smaller organization and smaller organizations always tend to work better together.”

Tyler said the president of the organization has the authority to appoint people to fill theses positions and then it must be ratified by two-thirds of the senate at the regularly held council meetings.

“We have some applicants from last semester that will be appointed,” Samimi said.

In order for someone to run for the executive cabinet, Samimi said they would need to have served on the ASO for at least one semester.

” The only positions that will be filled will be senate members and pledges,” Samimi said.

“I would encourage students to apply for ASO,” senator of Math and Science Division, Kevin Sullivan said.

Furthermore, Tyler said that during the regular election everyone does not vote, but those who choose to vote elect officers that will represent them throughout the semester.

“I think smaller organizations can unite easier and can work together at different fronts and at different times in order to accomplish goals,” Samimi said.