Police Beat

Smoking marijuana

While on patrol near Alondra Park last Tuesday afternoon, a cadet observed a group of students smoking marijuana at the park. After notifying the police department an officer was dispatched to Alondra Park. One of the students claimed ownership of the marijuana cigarette and was cited for possession. One of the females in the group who was detained had a warrant issued out of L.A. County Sheriff’s Department and was cited to appear.

Sex in the bathroom

A staff member broke her glasses after being shoved by students Wednesday afternoon. The staff member was informed by another student that two students were in the women’s bathroom located in the music building having sexual intercourse. When she confronted the two, they ran pass her after shoving her and caused her glasses to break. Police later found the two.

Although the female was an 18-year-old high school student, the male was a student and will face the dean of admissions. No battery charges were pressed by the staff member.

Student stalked

A student walked into the police station Thursday morning after he realized that the woman he ordered a restraining order against was lurking around one of his classes in the Social Science Building. The police later located her outside the Music Building and discovered that she had a $50,000 warrant for her arrest out of Inglewood Police Department due to another restraining order violation.

The woman was booked into Torrance Police Department and transferred the next day to Inglewood Police Department.