Marsee Auditorium to host the South Bay Children’s Choir holiday performance
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
The Marsee Auditorium will be hosting the South Bay Children’s Choir (SBCC) performance on Sunday, Dec. 4 at 4 p.m. according to the Center for the Arts’ website.
The theme of the holiday choir performance is “Starshine,” inspired by the 1967 musical “Hair,” and will be directed by Community Education and former part-time faculty member Diane Simons.
“When I mentioned ‘Starshine’ to others I saw their eyes light up and it seems to be a captivating concept,” Simons said.
The children’s choir performance will include holiday-themed songs for Christmas and Hanukkah from various students in the South Bay from Torrance, Palos Verdes, Inglewood, Gardena and Hawthorne, Simons said.
The songs performed by the Choir are as follows:
- “Shining Star” by Earth, Wind and Fire
- “We Three Kings of Orient Are” by The Troubadours
- “Dayenu” Hebrew for “It Would Have Been Enough For Us” by Russell Robinson
- “Good Morning Starshine” by Oliver Dragojevic
- “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” by Eun Hyang Nam and Carolyn Correnti
Tickets for the performance cost $10 and can be purchased at the Center for the Arts’ website or by calling (310) 329-5345.