Dance department gets ready for final show

As the semester comes to a close, the dance department prepares themselves for one final performance.

The “Lo Tech, No Tech I & II” is a performance for all dance students to show friends, family, and other audience what they learned over spring semester.

The show will feature dances from theatrical, world, and social dance styles.

The “Lo Tech, No Tech I & II” is basically a class presentation where all of the technique classes are presenting a dance. Every technique teacher would make up a dance around the last month in class, then they present those dances in this show.

There will about around 150 students performing in “Lo Tech, No Tech I & II” and about ten pieces in total that will be performed.

“The audience will gain an exciting understanding about what it is we do here in our technique classes.” Liz Hoefner Adamis, dance professor, said. “They will gain what level of technique students are at and they will see some choreographing structure. For the improv class they will see what improvisation is. You know it’s not really set,” she said.

Erica Jones Adkins, 20, dance major, explained what the “Lo Tech, No Tech I & II” means to her. “It’s basically for the dance students. So if you are in a dance class, at the end of the semester you have to perform in the show, basically everything we learned in class and apply it, so that is the whole purpose of ‘Lo Tech, No Tech.'”

Dance students are excited about showing people what they learned from the technique classes on campus. “I am excited for it because I worked so hard and I finally get to show people what I learned,” Jones Adkins said.

“This is my first year choreographing and I am excited. I am excited about the three other pieces I’m in. I am in a modern piece, the other one I am in is a hip hop piece. That’s my passion. That is what I grew up on,” Amy Randle, 19, dance major said.

On Monday, May 11 and Tuesday, May 12, the technique classes will perform at the Marsee Auditorium at 7p.m.

To find out about ticket pricing and more events at EC click here.